The Center for Research Computing (CRC) provides shared facilities and services for compute, visualization, and data-storage, designed to support the research mission of Rice University. CRC acts as the default contact for all research related service inquiries and represents researcher interests to the larger Office of Information Technology (OIT). We do this by:
- Operating best-in class on-premise shared compute, visualization and data-storage facilities;
- Facilitating access to on-premise, regional, national and commercial cloud facilities;
- Delivering user services and training for best use of shared facilities;
- Offering application and proposal consulting support-services.
The areas within Research Computing are:
- Systems Support and Operations;
- Application Support and Services.